Iron and Steel Museum
This is a museum on iron and steel unique to Kamaishi, which is the birthplace of modern ironmaking in Japan. A comprehensively produced theater introduces the progress of Kamaishi's ironmaking through a combination of sound, light, and visuals, based around a full-sized blast furnace replica. Visitors can enjoy learning about the history of iron through 3D visuals of ironmaking tasks and other visual equipment. There is also a commanding view of Kamaishi Bay from the viewing terrace.
- 3-12-7 Odairacho, Kamaishi City, Iwate
- Take the train to JR Kamaishi Station. Take the Kamaishi Marugoto Community Bus for 7 min. to "Kannon Iriguchi" bus stop. Then a 3-min. walk.
- 9:00-17:00 (entrance is until 16:00)
- Tuesdays; Dec. 29 to Jan. 3
- Admission fee: general: 500 yen, high school students: 300 yen, elementary and junior high school students: 150 yen
- All year
Morioka Castle Site Park (Iwate Park)
Koishihama Station, Sanriku Railway Company's Minami-Rias Line
Hashino Iron Mining and Smelting Site / Blast Furnace Remains
Morioka Handi-Works Square
Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Museum
Sea Plaza Kamaishi